Taekwon-Do Tots Aged 4-6
Our academy provides the most exciting and innovative programmes YOU and YOUR child will ever experience in the area of child development. When answering the question “What do you expect your child to gain from the study of Taekwon-Do?” the majority of parents indicate that they want their children to learn the values that are taught at our Academy – Self-Control, Concentration, Respect, Responsibility, Self-Discipline, and more. If you are a parent searching for ways to counterbalance the negative messages bombarding your children from movies, television and other areas, search no further!
Our Taekwon-Do Tots Programme is an age-specific curriculum that is professionally designed to teach children important life skills in a fun, exciting and enriching manner. Your child will achieve more than just learning to kick and punch. Our programme will help improve your child’s basic motor skills, as well as your child’s positive mental attitude. Our teaching method is based on disguising Taekwon-Do skills into games and fun activities helping your child learn in an easy and exciting way.
Here are the 6 main Life Skills that are taught in the Taekwon-Do Tots programme:
- Focus This skill will help your child’s aim, listening and rection skills. They will excel faster in physical activities, become a better listener and more focused in areas such as school.
- Control Having control means making good decisions. Control builds confidence.
- Balance Your child is starting to participate in activities that require balance, like riding a bicycle. Developing this skill at an early age will help them in many activities and aids good posture development.
- Discipline Our programme uses the Taekwon-Do drills to help create the vision that discipline is fun and rewarding. Your child will learn to take pride in doing the right thing.
- Fitness It’s important in the age of computer games, for a child to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit. If your child can’t burn off all that extra energy exercising, how will they burn it off?
- Co-ordination Your child will learn left from right. They will become less clumsy in their movements and will find an all round improvement in their performance in many activities.
These skills are necessary for participation in any sport or activity. Upon completion of our Taekwon-Do Tots programme your child will become focused and motivated to achieve any goal in life.
The Taekwon-Do Tots curriculum specifies one skill per class in order to fully develop each skill. The drills are designed as games so that your child has fun & learns the skills without realising it.